? ??????????????Friends Make It Ok? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.5 (12 Ratings)??2088 Grabs Today. 13829 Total Gr
abs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Butterfly Notes? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.6 (7 Ratings)??2076 Grabs Today. 14659 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Book is now published!

I started my memoir about six years ago, and cannot believe that my dream of publishing it is finally a reality. I have written under a pen name do to the sensitive nature of my work. It is very important to me to speak up about these issues, and it is easier to do so under Jenna Young than my real name. Many people reading this know who I am, and I do not have a problem with that. I am not ashamed of my past, it is a part of who I am. I spent many years battling depression, suicidal tendencies, eating disorders, self injury and extreme anxiety. I was sexually abused for eight years, and that abuse had affected every.single.aspect of my life. I no longer blame myself for the abuse, I know that it was not my fault. My abuser was a sick, disturbed man and had me silenced by my fears. When I was 21, I suffered a breakdown and landed in a psychiatric hospital. There, I broke my silence about the years of sexual abuse and attempted rapes. My family turned against me, believing I had made everything up. It was easier for them to believe I was lying than to believe that my father had done the things he did.

My goal in writing my memoir, in creating my website, in creating this blog is to let others who have been in similar situations know that they are not alone. You are not alone, and it is not your fault. If your being abused, tell someone. There are many resources and places for you to go to get help. Find someone, anyone and tell. Do not stay in silence. Living in silence for so many years almost killed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment